Friday, November 27, 2009

Gail Carmichael Shores



[2010] Spouse: Rick Shores (deceased), Lives in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina, 1 daughter, 1 son, 2 granddaughters

After graduation, I attended Anderson Business College in Alabama and then moved to Birmingham, Alabama, and worked at First National Bank. My parents and siblings left Decatur, Alabama, for Tampa, Florida. I followed them, and that is when I met Rich Shores. I was married to him almost 48 years before he died December 11, 2009, of complications after a lung transplant. We had two children together: Rick, age 47, and Pam, age 46. Daughter-in-law Teresa gave us 3 granddaughters, but one died of leukemia at 18 months. Rick and I moved a lot with his job at GTE after our children left home. We moved from North Carolina to Connecticut to Texas and then Indiana. However, we came back to North Carolina since our son and his family are here in Apex, and our daughter is happy in Charlotte, North Carolina. Not a lot of accomplishments, except my marriage and children, which are meaningful to me. I fill my time now with reading (book club), yoga, water aerobics, and bridge. Mahjong when we can get 4 together.

No comments:

Post a Comment