Saturday, November 28, 2009

James P. "Jim" Lorenz



[2010] Spouse: Beverly Lane Lorenz, Lives at Indian Land, South Carolina, no children

Following high school, I began my college education at Purdue University. My time at Purdue was interrupted by a 3-year enlistment in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War.

Following my discharge, I returned to Purdue University and graduated in 1971 with a BS degree in Engineering. My first job out of college was in the Bearings Industry, which meant a transfer to the Northeast where I met my wife, Beverly, in Albany, New York.

We transferred from New York to Milwaukee and on to Baltimore, Maryland, where I changed career focus and joined the oil industry. My work with Amoco Oil meant transfer moves around the country before retirement in May 1997. That's when our next adventure began.

We traveled full-time around the entire country, Mexico and Canada in a motor coach for 3 years before buying a home and putting down anchor in Texas for 5 years. We moved back to the East Coast in 2004, survived 8 hurricanes and finally landed in a small South Carolina community just south of Charlotte, North Carolina, where Bev was offered opportunities to write for several newspapers and I became her full-time photographer.

We enjoy an occasional trip back to Fort Wayne to see my mother and family usually twice a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment