Friday, November 27, 2009

Ruby E. Allen Duerr



[2010] Spouse: Charles Duerr, Lives in Griffin, Georgia, 2 daughters, 2 stepsons, 2 granddaughters, 5 grandsons

I got married in 1961, had a daughter in 1967 and another in 1969. We moved to Leesburg, Georgia, in 1975. I worked at Lee Co. Mfg. (made uniforms and Dickies clothing). I worked in the Shipping Dept. and loved it. My next door neighbors wee great friends. They moved to Hinesville, Georgia, and we moved to Savannah, Georgia, in 1978. I was divorced from Donn Oberlin in 1985.

My friend Joan and I opened a container Div. Trucking Co. in 1986. We operated it until about 1991. We sold it and worked for the new owners until I retired April 2004.

My friend from Leesburg died in 2000. Her husband lived in Griffin, Georgia. He started coming to see me in 2003. We got married in April 2004, and I sold my house and moved to Griffin.

My daughter Tami still lives in Richmond Hills, Georgia, close to Savannah. My daughter Beth lives in Kernesville, North Carolina. My two stepsons live in Griffin.

I like working in the yard, scrapbooking, and I love to paint.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I still looked like this, 50 years later

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I get to make this reunion. 50 years is a really long time. Hope to see ya'll.

    ReplyDelete