Friday, November 27, 2009

Lois Brown Cyr



[2010] Spouse: joe Cyr, Lives in Prescott, Arizona

Even though I left Elmhurst in 1960, I kept in touch with Fort Wayne. My many visits with my Mother, Sister and other family members kept me up to date on the area.

I started working in office administrative positions, and eventually worked my way through higher education receiving my Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in Business Administration. For my professional career, I spent over 35 years in the field of Human Resources working for several major corporations.

I moved several times, including living in Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and California. I was also fortunate to have experienced some travel including all by 6 of our States, Spain, Morocco, Japan, the Philippines, Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, Canada, Mexico and many of the Caribbean Islands (love those cruises!). By the time that I get home after our reunion, I will have checked off 2 more states - we will be visiting with relatives and exploring Mt. Rushmore and Deadwood City in South Dakota, then checking out Cheyenne, Wyoming. I only have Alaska (which we plan on visiting in 2011), Oregon, Idaho, Montana and North Dakota to go!

My husband Joe and I both retired in 2004 and moved to Prescott, Arizona. We love it here! We are both old west history buffs, and this is the perfect place to be.

We are very active in the World's Oldest Rodeo here in Prescott. No, we don't "do" horses, but we love the culture and the people. It is hard to believe that this huge rodeo is run by all volunteers (except for a General Manager and 2 part-time office staff members). We are also members of the Prescott Regulators & Their Shady Ladies, Inc., a re-enactment group and the official old west ambassadors for the city (check us out on our website . Throw in belonging to the Prescott Victorian Society. Sharlot Hall Museum, the American Legion and you get the picture. We are busier now than when we worked (hard to believe), and we are loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment